As a nation deeply embedded with a rich, cultural heritage, Malaysia never stops short of expressing its identity through creativity and design.
Come August, some of the country’s most talented fashion designers will be coming together at the Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week (KLFW) 2015 to showcase their Ready To Wear collections, offering a golden occasion to witness the strength and creativity of the Malaysian fashion industry.
This year, the fashion week will take place from 12 to 16 August at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, highlighting the Runway Collection that was first introduced at KLFW 2014.
With a mission of ‘moving fashion forward’, KLFW 2015 will welcome on stage a host of young and promising home-grown labels, such as My Apparel Zoo by Ellie E. Norman, Line 32 by Yvonne Lim and Beverly Leong, Soonaru and Moto Guo.
Five guest designers from China, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and Indonesia will also be in attendance, through a Tourism Malaysia collaboration aimed at establishing bi-lateral dialogue as well as to promote the local fashion industry.
For local fashion enthusiasts, there will be a number of key highlights to catch, among them:
- An inaugural Runway Collection 2015 showcase by Fazura
- Debut menswear collection by Wak Doyok
- Presentation of street wear labels Wolfgang, Nasty Inc. Clothing and Supersunday for Street-2-Chic crossover collections
- 3 winning collections from the Royal Terengganu Songket contest
- Presentations by Jonathan Liang, Alan Ooi, John Hock, Man Chien and more
Visit klfashionweek.com for more information.